Aims and Values
East Ward Community Primary School is an inclusive school which provides high quality teaching and learning in a safe, secure and stimulating environment. We pride ourselves on being a nurturing school. Our children benefit from an ethos and atmosphere that builds upon their skills and talents and values every member of our school. We are very proud of the pupils that attend our school and celebrate the diversity we have in our school community.
We are a school where staff and pupils enjoy mutual respect and trust, and where strong foundations are laid for our children’s future education and adult life.
- To help children towards good personal relationships with others, regardless of gender, race or ethnic background.
- To encourage self-discipline and self-respect, honesty, hard work and an interest in, and respect for, the environment.
- To give opportunities for learning through a rich and broad curriculum which provides opportunities for children to learn through practical experience, enjoyable and purposeful activities.
- To teach the life skills of communication, reading, writing and to promote good understanding of mathematical, scientific and technological concepts, particularly in ICT, and to use them effectively.
- To treat the child as an individual and to cater for his/her individual needs through planned progression.
- To promote a good working relationship with parents and the local community.