At East Ward we want our children to feel they belong and have a real sense of pride in our school. Wearing a uniform goes a long way to help prepare children for the school day and supports their positive participation in the life of the school. Our uniform is an outward sign of the schools’ identity within the neighbourhood. Children wearing uniform will represent our school at all times.
The school uniform is as follows:
- Shoes: Black school shoes (not trainers)
- Trousers: Black or grey school trousers (not joggers or leggings)
- Shirts: Plain white polo shirts
- Jumper/cardigan: Maroon
- Shorts (during summer months): School shorts, black or grey.
- Skirts: Grey or black cotton school skirts.
- Tights and socks should be grey or black.
- Dresses: Summer red gingham dress.
- No jewellery other than studs or small sleeper earrings may be worn in school at any time (studs or sleepers must be taped over for any physical activity).
- No nail varnish or make-up may be worn.
Second hand uniform, if available, can be collected from the school office. Please contact the school office to organise this.
All children are provided with an East Ward PE bag and do not need there own backpack due to limited cloakroom space. Children also have an East Ward book bag that can be used to carry their book and letters to and from school.