Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
At East Ward Primary School, we are always looking at ways in which we can improve our work with parents and carers and also establish stronger links within our community. Therefore we have embarked on an exciting National Award - Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) - which we hope to achieve later on this year. It is a challenging, but rewarding, venture that we are very much looking forward to working on.
What is the LPPA award?
Here at East Ward Primary School, we want to ensure that as a school we work effectively with our parents and the local community. As a school we value the support and contribution that parents and carers make to children’s school life, both within and beyond the classroom. The award is founded on research which shows that there is a very positive impact on achievement, behaviour and attendance in schools where parents are supported and therefore engaged in their children’s learning. Feedback from parents and carers is extremely important and we want to hear your views and improve our current practice. We are very excited about gaining this award and the opportunities that it will open up to our East Ward community.
What difference will the award make to East Ward Primary School?
During this process, we hope to build on the many strengths our school already has with our parents. We believe that it is important to support parents as their children transition through or between schools; we want to include all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning, take steps to ensure that our school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents, provide clear and accessible guidance to help parents support their children’s learning and development, produce parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and provide clear guidance on the responsibilities of parents, school and pupils, and share this information with parents regularly.
The LPPA will help us achieve these long-term benefits:
- Contribute to improved pupil attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress
- Increase parent participation and involvement
- Enhance parents’ support in their children’s learning
- Improve communication between home and school.
How will East Ward obtain the Award?
Our school must demonstrate a commitment to working towards the LPPA with effective plans in place to achieve a specific set of objectives. These objectives focus primarily on ensuring our school:
- Is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents;
- Promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning;
- Provides good induction for all new parents;
- Provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their child’s learning;
- Produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil attendance, punctuality and positive participation in school;
- Provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
How can families help us gain the award?
You can help us achieve the award by:
- Reading all information we send out;
- Coming along to any events, meetings, workshops we organise;
- Completing any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can.
We will keep this webpage updated to inform you of our progress. If you wish to find out more information about the LPPA award, you can visit https://www.awardplace.co.uk/award/lppa
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Miss Saville (LPPA Co-ordinator)