Behaviour for Learning
Our positive behaviour policy is based on our four key values:
We are Happy, Challenged, Successful and Proud…
- We are HAPPY and we treat each other fairly and show our love through keeping each other safe, respecting each other and supporting each other in keeping our Golden rules so that East Ward is a HAPPY place to thrive and learn.
- We are CHALLENGED in the way we work and play, when children find things difficult we think of others’ needs and ways in which we can support those who find positive behaviour difficult by: supporting one another, encouraging resilience, restoring any conflicts, ensuring understanding, resolving situations, apologising and moving on.
- We show how PROUD we are of one another by celebrating success. We take pride in the way we freely and sensibly move around our learning environment, respecting others and property, we pride ourselves in our exemplary learning behaviour and positively praise all achievements.
- We are SUCCESSFUL and build positive relationships with all members of our school community. We behave, and we always try our best and will support those who find positive behaviour challenging so that we can learn to the best of our ability and achieve our full potential.
East Ward Golden Rules:
All children adhere to our “Golden Rules”:
- We are gentle
- We are kind and helpful
- We listen
- We are honest
- We work hard
- We look after each other and our property