The PE and sports allocation is funding that is provided to schools, in addition to main school funding. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
The government is providing additional funding to improve PE and sport in primary schools. This
Please click here for a link to the government's page on school sports funding
To see how our school has allocated the money then please click on the links below
What outcomes are we working towards?
- Ensuring pupils engage in at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.
- Continuing to offer a wide range of sports to all pupils in school.
- Raising the profile of PESSPA school wide by working with specialist sports coaches in order to engage pupils with sports and physical activity.
- Achieving the School Games Mark in 2022.
- Increasing pupil’s involvement in sports by providing all pupils from EYFS to Year 6 with sporting experience days.
- Increasing staff’s confidence, knowledge and skills around teaching PE through a clearly sequenced curriculum which ensures pupils make progress in PE.
- Providing opportunities for all children to have the access to a range of competitive sport throughout the year.
The pupil premium is an amount of money allocated to schools by the government and is based on the number of children in a school having free school meals. The aim of the pupil premium is to raise achievement among disadvantaged children in the school.
As set out in the Coalition Government document, the pupil premium will provide additional funding to schools for more disadvantaged pupils to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as pupils from other higher income families.
For the academic year
For the academic year
For the academic year 2020-2021, we are due to receive £256,895 in pupil premium
Catch-up premium funding has been introduced to allow schools to further support pupils’ needs, such as wellbeing, curriculum access and academic progress and attainment, against the ongoing negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For government guidance, please see the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/catch-up-premium-coronavirus-covid-19
For the school’s catch-up premium funding action plan please see the following link: Catch-up Premium Funding Statement