Here is our latest 'Happy Newsletter' made by our Value Ambassadors!
Children's Mental Heath
Everyone has mental health - your mental health affects how you feel, act and think. Your mental health can change from day-to-day or over periods of time and it can be affected by many different things. Here at East Ward, we understand that our mental health is just as important as our physical health and support all children's wellbeing. Our learning and play supports how you cope with stress, teaches you how to communicate and act with others, how you adapt to change and also allows you to understand how to make good choices. We are very lucky that at East Ward, in addition to all our wonderful teaching staff, we have Miss Rigby who does some amazing work with children in all year groups in our My Cloud. If you ever feel like you need some support or just someone to talk to, Miss Rigby is always there.
How can you ensure you have a positive mental health?
- Get active - a healthy body supports a healthy mind.
- Get talking - talking through any worries or problems will help you to overcome them.
- Try something new - make a change and try out something new and exciting like a new hobby or sport.
- Get outside - being in the fresh air helps to relieve any stresses you may have.
- Ask for help - don't be afraid to reach out for help. There is always someone who can try to support you - a friend, a grownup at home or a trusted adult in school.
- Get your sleep - sleep is so important for good mental health.
- Believe in yourself - be proud of yourself, who you are and what you can achieve.
- Take small steps - don't push yourself too hard. Remember a big problem can be broken down into lots of smaller problems.
- Reflect - what positive thing can you take from each day?
Children's Mental Health Week 2021
Click on the images in the gallery below to see some of our Mental Health Week activities: